Monday, August 10, 2009

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds

Okay, now Rich, I know you haven't had a lot of time to read lately. And Jonathan, I know you read comics but I haven't seen you post a comics blog in a long time and I don't remember if you're reading this one.

So if you guys haven't finished this mini-series, just stop reading this post now. If you have...

Okay, let me see if I have this straight... the Legion I've been reading, the most recent one that started with Mark Waid and ended with Jim Shooter, is actually the Legion of Earth-Prime, right? Which is our Earth. So that's why they always had all the real comic books in the early issues.

The previous take on the Legion (post-Zero Hour?) turns out to be from Earth-247, which Superboy-Prime destroyed. (I'm also pretty hazy on the whole Earth-247 thing. When and where did that one come from?)

And the original (pre-Zero Hour?) Legion is in fact the true Legion of New Earth, and will be the Legion that's co-starring in Adventure Comics. (Which, incidentally, makes it seem that Geoff Johns is on a quest to totally restore the pre-Crisis DCU... bringing back Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, the original Legion...)

Have I got it right?

2 comments:

greatplaidmoose said...

Yes, you've got it right. Earth-247 was acknowledged as being created by Alexander Luthor during Infinite Crisis temporarily before it was destoryed. Apparently it lived a whole history dring that brief time. (Don't think about the logic too hard)

New Earth is Earth-One reborn. I'm not being facetious. That seems to be what they are going for and have acknowledged it a few times but they keep referring to it as New Earth because they fear internet outrage at its return just in case people don't like the idea.

greatplaidmoose said...

I like the new word I created; "destoryed". You may think I mistyped destroyed but no, I've decided retroactively that I meant destoryed all along because it fits so well. In fact, the creation of this new word is evidence of my genius!

Now, what the hell dring means is beyond even my genius.