Sunday, February 14, 2010

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1 - #3 by John Jackson Miller

SPOILER LEVER: None - Low

These eBooks were a first for me: They're the first eBooks I actually read as eBooks. (All the others I've read were dead-tree reprints.) My new phone handles pdf files, so while it was a bit of a strain on my eyes, I was now able to take an eBook around with me and read it on the sofa, in the bathroom, in line at the grocery, etc. It's really opened my mind and made me more agreeable to the format.

The story itself is just what I was hoping for. This eBook series tells how the Sith colony we met in Christie Golden's book Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi - Omen got started. I found an entire Sith culture to be a fascinating concept, and this series fueled my interest in how that society got its start.

I originally was only interested in these books because they tie into the Fate of the Jedi series, but it also ties into the newest Star Wars book Crosscurrent by Paul S. Kemp. I was borderline on whether I wanted to read that book or not, and this eBook series made up my mind for me, and now I'm very much looking forward to reading it. So as a cross-promotion goes, it definitely worked on me.

The series can be downloaded for free at www.starwars.com/vault/books/losttribe03.html.

No comments: