Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stargate Universe - "Incursion" (Part 2)

Spoiler Level: High

Ahh, the classic "throw everyone in the pool" ploy.  If there's one thing I do enjoy, it is a good "throw everyone in the pool" ploy.

And even though Season Two (or I guess I should say "2.0") has already aired, syfy.com is only posting episodes 2x05 through 2x10.  So it looks like I'll have to wait until the DVDs come out in March.  So hey, I get all the enjoyment of having to wait after the cliffhanger just like everyone else!  Lucky me.

And wow, I thought last episode's exterior of Destiny shot was good?  This one was even cooler.  Thanks again to kirssiecaps.

I think it's a good sign that I actually care enough now that I'm looking forward to seeing how this story is resolved.  Just about everyone except Rush and Eli are in a position to be killed off, although honestly I'll be surprised if anybody besides Telford is.  And the Lucian Alliance soldier that T.J. patched up was talking like they were stuck there now as well, which was pretty much what I figured.  So I'll be interested to see how that works out.

And lastly, this is exactly why I'm worried about how Season Two is going to end; odds are it'll be on a cliffhanger just as high as this one, with nothing new planned to resolve it now that the show's been canceled.

So all in all, for SGU Season 1, I have to say... it was a rough start, but it was worth coming back to.

No comments: