Monday, January 26, 2009

Battlestar Galactica - "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

I figured the Galactica was going to eventually move on from Earth, but I didn't think it would be after just one episode. Somehow I thought they'd be spending a little more time there trying to figure out a few of the mysteries they found. But nope, they just say "Well, that was bust. Screw it. On to the next planet." (And the "Six Days After Finding Earth" at the beginning of the webisodes doesn't count for clueing me in that they'd leave right away; for this show, six days could be 12 episodes.)

As usual, the show gives a complex situation with no answers-- the ships' personal freedoms versus what's best for the survival of the fleet. And of course, everyone's convinced their answers are the right ones, and everyone else is wrong. But it serves to show how everything's heating up.

No comments: