Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Dooku Captured"

This one was okay. Not bad, but didn't excite me like the last few episodes have. Just kinda' average.

Things I liked: Getting to see so much of the Weequays, the little Salacious Crumb guy, and of course the Jawa. I also liked seeing Obi-Wan trying to show Anakin that the whole thing could be a lesson in humility; it was good to show how Anakin has his flaws, and that Obi-Wan is still trying to gude him, but in a much more subtle way than the movies did.

Things I didn't like: for some reason, Obi-Wan's dialogue comes across as... well... like he's being a dick. I like Matt Lanter's take on Anakin more than Hayden Christensen's, but James Arnold Taylor's take on Obi-Wan just really rubbed me the wrong way this time. Eh, maybe it's my mood. And Ewan McGregor and Alec Guiness are very tough acts to follow.

No comments: