Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Smallville - "Supergirl"

Spoiler Level: High

Hmm.  This is an interesting take on Darkseid.  I guess I should have expected a typical Smallville interpretation, but after the great job they've been doing with Hawkman and Darksieid's shadowy teaser, I actually was expecting a big rocky guy who could shoot Omega Effect beams from his eyes and his origin would all be about Apokolips and the New Gods.  Instead he possesses people's bodies after he plants a Dark Seed of doubt in people's Dark Side.  Eh, it's only episode 3.  The season is still young.

On the one hand I love seeing Kara going public with her powers, and that her costume is getting so close to what it should be.  On the other hand, the fanboy in me chafes at Supergirl showing up before Superman.  Oh, sure, she doesn't have the S or the cape yet and Lois has dubbed her Übergirl instead (and I really did love the "MAID OF MIGHT!" headline on the Daily Planet), but still, for the purposes of the story she's leading the way and being an inspiration to Clark instead of vice-versa.

But it's still freakin' Supergirl vs. Darkseid, so I'm not really complaining.  ;)

No comments: