Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No V for Fer. :(

A screen capture of ABC's statement.
I've been waiting for ABC to start streaming Season 2 of V.  Normally they post it fairly quickly, but there seems to be something of a backlash to online streamline starting.  Syfy, for example, now has a delay of 30 days after an episode airs before they'll post it on their website.

Well, after waiting a week, ABC's finally made an announcement.  Here it is:


Fellow V fans,

It is with much regret that we must inform you that full episodes of V will not be available on ABC.com or Hulu for Season 2. Just like you, we truly wish full episodes were playing here. But we also hope our detailed recaps will keep you informed and entertained should you ever miss an episode.

Best always,

The ABC.com Team


Well, that's a bit of a bummer.   Now, I don't mind waiting a week or two weeks or even a month, but in this case it looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  Hopefully it'll be sooner than November this time, but if it isn't, oh well.

Now someone on some message board somewhere (sorry, I don't remember the details, so I can't give proper credit) pointed out that shows from Warner Brothers seem to not be getting streamed this year.  If that's the case, then that would explain why ABC would be acting like it's out of their hands.

My family gave up our satellite dish a year ago now, so we now get all of our TV off of the internet.  I could hook up an antenna, but now that broadcast TV has gone digital I'd have to buy a converter box, and I don't really feel like V is worth the extra effort.  So I guess I'll be waiting for the DVDs.

On the plus side, this frees up some time in my schedule to try out that new super hero show, The Cape. NBC's got the first two episodes online already.  I guess ABC's loss is NBC's gain.

No comments: