Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Heroes - "The Eclipse: Part 1"

Not quite sure how I feel about this episode yet; I may need to see Part 2 before I know for sure. I liked getting more into the characters without relying on their powers, but the whole logic of all the super powers being tied to eclipses seems a little fuzzy to me. I always thought the eclipse in the opening titles was a little more symbolic... "And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon" kind of thing. It may still be a metaphor, but apparently it has a literal side too. It would be nice if we get an explanation in Part 2 (or before the show goes off the air), but I suspect it's just meant to be mysterious.

And I still want to know who's drawing these new issues of 9th Wonders...

1 comment:

greatplaidmoose said...

Yeah, the eclipse for me just adds fuel to the fire that Heroes was ripped off from other source material like Rising Stars. It could have been an homage but the creator denies having ever read a comic book. I much preferred the idea that some were created with a serum and others were born with their powers. I just assumed they were all decendents of Adam who was the first to get powers. Even though this includes asians, blacks and hispanics, Adam's been around so long his caucasian features could easily be hidden in a bloodline. It all seemed very scientific but if its the eclipse the writers may think they are tying it into science but I think they're actually drifting into magic in my opinion.

As far as 9th Wonders goes, I'm assuming that Isaac worked so far in advance that issues are still coming out. Which is where the show slides into complete unbelievability. I've seen too much of the inner workings of the comic industry to ever suspend my disbelief that an artist would work more than 3 or 4 months in advance on a book absolute max. I can believe a man can fly but this is just ridiculous. ;)

PS. I got the episode off of G4 after all. Even though it didn't show up in my search, my dish found another airing and I got to see it. I love my new dish!