Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Star Trek - The New Trailer

(Forewarning-- I'm all for discussing the visual look and production details, but NO STORY SPOILERS, please. Thank you.)

I was waiting until the high-quality version of this trailer to be released at startrekmovie.com, since I couldn't tell half of the details in the shaky-phone versions posted all over YouTube. Now that I've gotten to look at it with the ol' Geek-Frame, I can honestly say I'm more and more excited about it. I'm still thinking of it as Ultimate Trek, I'm just more excited about Ultimate Trek.

The feel I'm getting from watching this trailer is that they're going with the idea that this is how the ship and uniforms looked first, then they were changed to look like "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before," and then changed to the final look we know from "The Corbomite Manuever" onward. And you know, I might even be able to buy into that.

Bring on Ultimate Trek!!!!!

No comments: