Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Sarah Jane Adventures - "Enemy of the Bane"

Well, this story had all the elements of a great story-- returning villians, a surprise Sontaran, and best of all, the return of the Brigadier-- but I kept finding myself starting to doze off during the second half. But I'm going to chalk that up to my staying up too late last night reading Watchmen rather than blame it on this story itself.

Good old Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. It's so nice to see him and Sarah Jane together again. He's definitely having a harder time getting around these days (no running down corridors for him this time-- we don't even get to see him getting in and out of his car), but that doesn't stop him from still being authoritative and getting to even shoot a bad guy. I'm hoping this leads to him getting to come back in one of the 2009 Doctor Who specials, so he'll still get to be with the 10th Doctor.

Overall, I'd say Series 2 of SJA was a big improvement over Series 1, which was a big improvement over the special premiere. Rich told me the show was renewed for a Series 3, so that's good news.

No comments: